Monday, November 9, 2015

Donna Downey's and Stephen Lursen's Collaboration Art Workshop #3

In May of 2015, Donna Downey and I taught a workshop at Donna Downey Studios in Huntersville, NC. The paintings were broken down into 2 main segments. First, Donna taught how to create a beautifully colorful background with layers of texture and imagery. Once she had completed her part I took over and taught how to draw a figure using the grid method and then proceeded to teach how to paint in with flesh tones and hair, etc. The end paintings that were produced were all spectacular and uniquely their own!





I'd like to show you the process I used to teach them all how to add the figure to their canvas. 





This is the only image I have that almost shows 100% of Donna's work. I wish I took a photo before I began drawing the figure on the canvas. But from here, you get a pretty good idea of what a beautiful painting I had to work with!







Here is the final version of the painting. It will be for sale soon at www.donnadowney.com along with the other finished collaborative paintings from our workshops. Thank you so much for following my blog!

I will be teaching a new large scale painting workshop at Donna Downey Studios from April 8th - 10th!  Please click the link to find out more! Space is limited to 10, so seats won't last!

No comments:

Post a Comment