Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Opportunity

I have been given a new opportunity to teach and I am very excited about it!  I will be teaching in September at Donna Downey Studios in Huntersville, NC.

About a month ago I celebrated my two year anniversary with my wonderful wife Cara.  We spent a portion of the day painting together.  Her favorite thing right now to look at is bird art, so to peak her interest in the painting project we purchased a few inexpensive bird prints on canvas.  We bought them with the intention of painting over them to transform them into our very own bird paintings.

Since we purchased art that was intended on being finished, we could paint however little or much we wanted and at any point it could be resolved.  So we agreed to just paint over the birds and a few details, but leave the background so as to save time.



This project, paired with the opportunity to teach got me thinking...
Many people out there who are interested in art, would love to hang their very own painting in their home, but don't know where to start.  Buying a white canvas and art supplies leaves someone like this uninspired and ultimately unproductive.  

I am creating a line of canvases that give the artist a solid starting point.  After painting over the canvas print, they can hang their very own painting in their home with pride.  Here is the first example.  This is a before and after example of what someone can do on my canvas prints.


You can paint whatever you want, however you want.  What would you come up with?  If you are interested in a canvas, just let me know.

Thanks,
Stephen


No comments:

Post a Comment