Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Art update

Here are some of the things that I've been working on lately.

First progress report
Final painting

This is a 3'x3' oil painting on canvas. 

___________________________________

This abstract landscape was inspired by Brian Rutenberg.



I started this painting almost the second after I graduated. I spent much of my last year in grad school drawing black-and-white images and creating videos. I really wanted to paint again and use bright colors.  

This is an oil painting on canvas and measures 3' x 4'. 
___________________________________





My wife, Cara, and I created this together on a date night. I mixed the colors and Cara painted inside the circles. She loved being able to work together to make a colorful painting for our dining room.

This painting is approximately 3' x 4' acrylic on matte board.


___________________________________




I just finished this oil painting. It is 6' x 4'. My favorite part is the sun coming through the leaves on the top right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment