Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rose View of Heaven - SOLD!

In 2014 I was commissioned to create a painting for a customer in the Lake Norman area. We met and had a brief conversation about what colors she likes and dislikes and about the fact that she wanted the painting to give the experience of looking at clouds - having no intentional imagery, but the opportunity to read into it what one sees in the moment.

I started by painting 2 small scale mock ups for a 2nd meeting where I could get more feedback giving me a little bit more clarity on her hopes and dreams for the painting.

Once we met and discussed I got to work on the larger painting. The final canvas is 5' tall x 4' wide.

I installed it in her home and was allowed to take a number of pictures as it hung.

Thank you Nancy!

These are the photos from the first installation. About a year later when she commissioned me to create a second painting for their bedroom, she asked me to make some small changes to the painting and frame it. The newest pictures are below the older pictures, so keep scrolling down to see the updates! Thank you!
Rose View of Heaven
Stephen Lursen
Acrylic on canvas
5' x 4'
2014
SOLD




UPDATE PHOTOS 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment