Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Soft Glow of Christmas Lights - Landscape

I needed to create one more winter themed painting for a class I scheduled in December. I thought back and forth about which subject matter would get the most attention for a class: a landscape, a painting of Santa and the reindeer flying in the sky, a close up of Santa's smiling face?

I then decided on a winter landscape with a single tree lit up glowing softly in the snow. I did this because it could be hung for a couple more months after Christmas and it would still be appropriate. I hope this thinking will pay off in terms of students in the class, but only time will tell. Please feel free to comment if you have any great ideas!

Here is the painting I just finished! The image is a little cloudy because I took the picture with my iphone instead of scanning it in. But I'm at the studio and not at home, so no scanner for now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment