Saturday, January 3, 2015

Beach Paintings - Estrada Family Commission

My Grandfather Dr. Paul Sacco past away a couple years ago. I miss him very much. Around 4 or 5 years ago, we collaborated on an acrylic landscape painting. My grandfather was a great influence and inspiration to me in many ways, one of those ways was art.  He started painting when he turned 80 and painted until he passed away at 102. I grew up calling him Papa. He painted the top half and I painted the bottom half. I'm not proud of my work necessarily because I did it in a couple hours one afternoon, but I love this painting because of what it represents to me. It is the only work we ever did together. My Aunt Therese and Uncle Tony Estrada now have it hanging on the wall of their living room. My Aunt commissioned me to create three smaller beach scenes to hang on the same wall. The three beach paintings are on 11" x 14" canvases.










No comments:

Post a Comment